NO SPONSORSHIP, NOW OR IN THE FUTURE, CAN BE PROVIDED FOR THIS POSITION. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO MEET THIS REQUIREMENT.
The Technical Support Specialist is the first line of defense for assisting our customers with various IT hardware and software issues. The candidate is required to know how to configure, manage, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot issues in an effective and efficient method.
You are a person that loves a producing excellent, high quality customer outcomes and experiences and doesn’t back away from challenges. You thrive in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple priorities and goals. You are a great communicator and understand the value of conveying clear messaging both verbally and in written form. You require minimal supervision and thrive when working independently but know when to reach out to and collaborate with teammates when needed to reach a resolution. You are confident in your abilities, but are humble enough to know that there is a lot to learn from others. You thrive under structure, but can be flexible when things don’t go as planned, all while having a great, positive attitude. You understand the value of customer service, respectfulness and being polite, all while being direct and to-the-point. You love technology and have a passion for IT and always want to learn, whether via company mandate or self-study. You possess a sense of urgency and punctuality is an innate personality trait.
- Have fun working to achieve company goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Keep our customers and our company IT running smoothly and assist in improving the ongoing quality of service and solutions that Ubisec provides.
- When problems occur, proactively and efficiently resolve any incidents in a timely manner and with the highest levels of customer service. Assist senior engineers with various projects, troubleshooting and administrative tasks.
- Learn and grow to become a valued asset and team member, seamlessly collaborating and dynamically working as a team to achieve outstanding results and help build the company.
SKILLS AND PROFICIENCES REQUIRED
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude, proactive, take-initiative, excellent written and verbal communication skills with impeccable phone etiquette
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task while accurately tracking time
- Self-motivated, quick learner with a passion for technology
- Ability to think on your feet in a fast-paced environment
- Independent worker requiring minimal supervision in problem-solving tasks
- Quick assimilation of company culture/values and customer expectations
- Sense of urgency when completing various technical tasks
- Creative, out-of-the-box ideas and solutions that can progress the company
- Must demonstrate a strong technical and business acumen along with attention to detail
- Must be punctual and organized
- Participate in rotating after-hours shift
- Occasional overtime and local travel (up to 50%) to customer sites
- Ability to type at least 65 WPM
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- At least 1 year experience in IT Help Desk or IT Call Center environment REQUIRED
- Strong grasp of networking concepts, TCP/IP and OSI model REQUIRED
- At least 2 years’ experience with computer hardware/software and peripheral support REQUIRED
- Bachelors or Associated degree strongly preferred
- Demonstrable experience with desktop operating systems (Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7, OS X, iOS and Android) and Office applications 2007 / 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / 2019
- Experience with mobile devices, tablets and mobile device management
- Basic understanding of Windows Server operating systems (2008 / 2012 / 2016 / 2019), Office365/Google G-Suite, domain-based networks, file and print sharing, mail and application servers
- Basic Active Directory management as it relates to user account creation and modification, security and distribution groups
- Basic understanding of routers, firewalls, switches, VPN devices, and WLAN technologies